The heat is here, and so is the urge for ice cream. So what better way to indulge than with a healthy version of this summer staple? This easy nut butter & banana ice cream is made with only a couple of ingredients and is ready to eat in less than 10 minutes. You can use almond, cashew or peanut butter depending on your taste and top with chopped peanuts or pecans.
The best way to prep for this is to let some bananas get extra ripe, slice and freeze. This way you'll always have ice cream in less than 5 minutes!
- 60g peanut butter
- 200g frozen chopped banana - make sure these are extra ripe
- 2 tbsp plant-based alternative to yoghurt, I like cashew yogurt but you can also use coconut
- Splash of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop (34g) Vanilla Vega Essential protein powder
- 1 tbsp chopped roasted peanuts
- Place all the ingredients except the chopped roasted peanuts into a food processor or high speed blender and blend until creamy and thick, like ice cream. Add an extra splash of milk to loosen the mixture if necessary.
- Spoon into 2 bowls and put it back into the freezer to harden for a few more minutes.
- When you're ready to eat, remove from freezer and sprinkle with the peanuts to serve. Enjoy immediately!