The lovely Olivia Wollenberg, founder of Livia's Kitchen, is a regular face around the Mortimer Street studio. We love seeing her drop in for her morning classes (especially when she has treats in tow!) and think this recipe for delectable, festive raw cookies is fab. Enjoy!
Follow Livia's Kitchen on Twitter and Instagram for more healthy indulgence!
- 235g pitted soft medjool dates
- 100g blanched almonds
- 70g ground almonds
- 30g cacao
- zest 1/2 orange
- 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 150g cashews soaked for 4-6 hours
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Juice of one big orange
- Zest of 1/2 an orange
- Add everything to the blender and pulse until it comes together but still has some chunks of almond.
- Roll into cookie shapes of flatten onto a piece of clingfilm or greaseproof paper and cut out with a cookie cutter.
- Drain and rinse the cashews and add to the food processor along with the other ingredients.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Spread some of the cashew cream on to one of the cookies and place another on top.